1. Do I Need A DBA Business Name Filing?

First if you form an LLC or Incorporate, you don't need to file a DBA. I.e., you don't need to register your business name because filing an LLC or Corp. takes care of that.

All businesses that use a trade name need to register the trade name unless the business is a sole owner using his own personal name (e.g. Scott Smith is doing business as "Scott Smith Widjets," does not need to file a dba). Another exception is a corporation or LLC using their legal name to do business.

For example, Coca Cola Corporation using their name to do business does not need to file a DBA under the corporation. However, if using a name such as "Desanie," water or any name other than "Coca Cola," the corporation needs to file a DBA.

2. Do I Need Licensing Other Than a DBA?

Yes, all businesses need a DBA and an EIN.

In addition, if you want to buy or if you sell any items / merchandise retail, you will need a seller's permit. You also need a seller's permit when you sell wholesale. Finally, if you rent or lease equipment, automobiles etc., you will need a seller's permit.

3. What Do I Need to Open a Bank Account?

You can use a DBA, LLC, or a Corporate certificate to open a bank account. In most cases, you will also need an EIN and the business license to show to the banker.

4. Do You Publish My Business Name (DBA) in a Legal Newspaper?

Yes, where required, we will publish it and the fee to publish is included in the price of the DBA.

5. Does your Service Fee Include Government Fees?

Yes, government fees are included. The rest of the fee is for our help in getting the DBA registered and puplished. In addition, we file a proof of publication with the clerk and that is included in the fee as well.

6. I Use My First Name (or my last name) Only in the Business Name. Do I Need to File a DBA?

Yes, if using the first or the last name only, you will need to file a DBA. To avoid that, you need to use your complete name including your middle name.